Character Shaders

Hair Shader (Unity 5)
Progress shots of a physically based hair shader. It includes anisotropic lighting and cutout-shadow-casting. It uses detail, normal, metallic, roughness, and anisotropic-direction maps. Drafted in Shader Forge, finished by hand. The right-most image was my first attempt, with each following attempt in order. The final version was production ready. Everything in the screenshots is my own work. The photos that the hair and background textures came from were captured by me.

Cartoony Skin Shader (Unity 5)
Cartoon skin shader with sub-surface-scattering approximation (using a depth-occlusion map). Uses base-color, normal, metallic, roughness, ambient-occlusion, and depth-occlusion maps. Drafted in Shader Forge and finished by hand. The shader, meshes and textures are my work. Mesh is cut from a full character I designed.

Eye Shader (Unity 5)
Eye shader with a ton of real-time shape/color options. Physically-shaded and parallax-mapped. Designed entirely in Shader Forge. The shader and all textures are my work. The mesh is just a standard sphere.